Google Plus Share
I saw this re-share on Google Plus and was just amazed at just how perfect it was. All of the elements of a proper Google Plus share were included. Let me dive in and critique this, explaining why this is a great example for people looking to improve their presence on Google Plus.
- Title of the Post in Bold, with a link to enlarge the infographic (infographics don’t show up very well on Google Plus, so adding this link is a WONDERFUL way to draw attention to the full-size image.
- Summary of the Infographic: including links and sources of the research. Most importantly, it mentions Key Takeaways, which is great for people who want the information “chewed up” for them.
- Pinterest Link: Connect your Google Plus with your Pinterest by providing a link for people to pin your image.
- Source: Give proper attribution by including a link to the original, non-Google plus source. Not only is this great Plustiquette, it also earns you a connection with the original blogger.
- H/T: Hat Tip is a way to Plus Mention the original source, again, creating a connection and giving proper attribution.
- Link to Source: Cites sources for the article, including links to sources of statistics (also creates a connection with an authority site)
- Hashtags: 2 different relevant hashtags that help categorize the content
- Embedded infographic: What Irfan did here is he cut up the infographic and displayed it as 2 columns, so the actual size of the infographic was larger and easier to visualize.
Latest posts by Marcela De Vivo (see all)
- The Evolution of Data: Creating Intent-Led Digital Strategies - 29 January, 2019
- Productive Things To Do When You Are a Freelancer Job-Hunting - 18 July, 2018
- What KPIs Should I be Using to Measure my SEO Campaign - 21 July, 2017