Seo Plugins For Chrome
Few people know that they can create multiple personas in Chrome, and each persona will transfer across multiple computers.
Most of us utilize multiple email accounts. We use our main email for communications with clients, reading news, etc. Then we may have a link building persona for each client account. There are various reason to create various email accounts as it helps to keep each communications category organized.
What are the benefits?
- Customize each browser with the bookmarklets and extensions relevant to that user.
- One click access to your social accounts and emails for each persona
- Improve your performance and save time by having each persona customized
Why would you use create a unique chrome user for each persona?
I have a persona that I use for social media updates for a client. Here’s how it works:
1. Go to the 3 bar icon on Chrome on the top right
2. Click on “Settings”
3. Under “Users” click “Add new User”
4. Select a gravatar and go to the login page
5. Enter the UN and PW for the target Google Account
Or for a quick video:
Once you are in that persona, you can go to the Chrome Web Store and search for the extensions that you need. Some of the extensions I use are:
I also save bookmarlets where I am pre-logged in to the client’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google Plus accounts, plus a few others specific to each client’s industry.
When I am working on Social Media content for the client, I have all of the tools I need at my fingertips. For example if I find a great article that I want to curate, when I click on BufferApp it is already set up to send content to the client’s social media profiles, not my own.
Then, when I want to work on a different client or my own, I simply go to the top left, change the avatar to select a different account, and everything is ready for me to share content from that account.
Simple.. Easy. Super Efficient.
Do you use multiple users? If so, any other extensions or tips you’d recommend?
Latest posts by Marcela De Vivo (see all)
- The Evolution of Data: Creating Intent-Led Digital Strategies - 29 January, 2019
- The Most Common Mistakes Made in Youtube Influencer Marketing - 14 July, 2017
- What are the Best Blogger Outreach Tools? - 7 July, 2017